Troxerutin gel is a veno-tonic external agent that strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
The drug is used in the complex treatment of varicose veins and chronic venous insufficiency. And in proctological practice, it is used to eliminate painful hemorrhoids. The gel is characterized by pronounced anti-inflammatory and angioprotective activity.
The drug is prescribed to patients in order to relieve swelling, normalize blood circulation, ease pain. It is affordable, inexpensive and very convenient for home therapy. But with prolonged and frequent use increases the risk of adverse events. After examination, the phlebologist will determine the safe dosing regimen and the optimal duration of treatment.
Venotonic preparation for external use.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does gel Troxerutin in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 65 rubles.
Composition and release form
Troxerutin is produced in the form of a gel for external application and capsules for oral administration. The combination of these two therapeutic forms of the drug mutually reinforces the positive therapeutic effects of each other.
The active substance of the gel is troxerutin, which is a flavonoid of plant matter rutin. The composition of 1 gram of the drug includes 20 mg of the active ingredient.
The composition of the gel and capsules (tablets) include troxerutin, which has phleboprotective activity. The pharmacological action of the drug is identical to the routine of the vitamin P group. The active ingredient takes part in the redox reactions that take place in the human body. It inhibits the enzyme hyaluronidase, which blocks the biosynthesis of hyaluronic acid. By reducing the fragility and permeability of capillaries increases the density of blood vessels.
The following therapeutic properties are also characteristic of Troxerutin gel:
- reduction of plasma fluid exudation;
- relief of inflammatory processes occurring in the walls of the veins;
- limiting the adsorption of platelets to the walls of blood vessels, reducing their lumen;
- prevention of emergence of blood cells through the walls of capillaries and small veins.
Troxerutin prevents the formation of free radicals. These compounds are responsible for cell damage and further tissue destruction. At the initial stage of the pathology, doctors prescribe the drug as monotherapy. This helps reduce the pharmacological burden on the human body. Improving lymphatic drainage function allows you to use the drug at a severe stage of the disease. In this case, it is combined with Troxerutin capsules or drugs with diosmine.
Indications for use
These pharmacological effects of the drug allow the use of the gel during the treatment of venous insufficiency, trophic ulcers, as well as in the course of complex treatment of diseases provoking an increase in vascular permeability. The gel allows you to quickly and effectively eliminate bruises, bruises, hematomas, stretching. Indications for use of the drug troxerutin are as follows:
- Capillary toxicosis, which occurs with influenza, scarlet fever, measles.
- Hemorrhagic diathesis, which is accompanied by a violation of capillary permeability; diabetic retinopathy.
- The drug is also used in the treatment of trophic ulcers and dermatitis, provoked by varicose veins.
- Elimination of the manifestations of the chronic form of venous insufficiency: pain, swelling, feelings of heaviness and fatigue, the development of seizures, the formation of vascular pattern.
- Comprehensive treatment of varicose veins (including in the period of childbearing), superficial thrombophlebitis, phlebothrombosis, post-phlebilitic syndrome.
- Treatment of soft tissue injuries that are accompanied by the formation of hematomas and edema.
The drug in the form of a gel is used in the recovery period after surgery (sclerotherapy procedure) as an auxiliary element of therapy in order to exert a preventive effect.
- Children and adolescents up to 18 years;
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
Additionally for capsules:
- I trimester of pregnancy and lactation;
- peptic ulcer of the duodenum, stomach, chronic gastritis in the acute stage.
An additional contraindication for Troxerutin in the form of a gel is a violation of the integrity of the skin.
In chronic renal failure, the drug should be used with extreme caution (with prolonged use).
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
The drug can be prescribed to patients only in 2 and 3 trimesters of pregnancy. The doctor relates the risk for fetal development and benefits for the mother. During childbirth, Troxerutin gel is used for application to the skin in minimal dosages. It is strictly prohibited for use during breastfeeding.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, Troxerutin gel is applied evenly in a thin layer in the morning and evening on the skin over the painful area and lightly massaged until completely absorbed. The dose of the drug depends on the area of the damaged surface, but should not exceed 3-4 cm of gel (1.5-2 g).
The gel can be applied under the occlusal dressing.
The use of the gel can provoke such side effects as allergic reactions in the form of a feeling of itching, redness, and burning. Since the drug does not penetrate the general bloodstream, it does not adversely affect other organs.
In most cases, the drug is well tolerated by all categories of patients, and the resulting adverse reactions are temporary, passing in nature.
To date, no cases of an overdose of Troxerutin have been reported.
In case of accidental ingestion of the drug in the form of a gel or capsules in a dose substantially higher than the therapeutic one, a gastric lavage procedure should be carried out and enterosorbent taken.
There is no specific antidote.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- The gel should be applied only to an intact surface.
- In the treatment of deep vein thrombosis or superficial thrombophlebitis, the use of Troxerutin capsules does not preclude the administration of antithrombotic and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- For the treatment of edema caused by concomitant diseases of the kidneys, liver and heart, the use of capsules is ineffective.
- In case of unintentional ingestion of the drug, nausea, vomiting, burning sensation in the mouth, salivation are acceptable. In such a case, it is recommended washing the stomach and mouth, if necessary - symptomatic treatment.
- When the gel gets into the eyes, mucous membranes and open wounds, local irritation is noted - burning, tearing, pain, hyperemia. In this case, it is necessary to wash the tool with a large volume of isotonic solution of sodium chloride or distilled water until a significant reduction in the severity or complete disappearance of these reactions.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose and the maximum duration of treatment with self-administered drug.
- If during the use of the drug, the severity of symptoms of the disease is not reduced or the symptoms are aggravated, you should immediately contact a specialist.
- Avoid getting the gel in the eyes, mucous membranes and open wounds.
- The gel is used in combination with ascorbic acid to enhance its effect in conditions characterized by increased vascular permeability (including influenza, scarlet fever, measles, and allergic reactions).
Interaction with other drugs
No data on the adverse interaction of troxerutin in the form of a gel with other drugs.
We offer to read the reviews of people who used Troxerutin:
- Nataliya. Gel "Troxerutin" - my salvation. Especially now, in bad weather, when he turns his legs at night, especially in bad weather. After operations for varicose veins, I stopped on this drug. Efficiency - on a par with “Troxevazin” and “Lioton”. And the price is significantly lower. Yes, it also helps very well in swelling of the legs and arms of a different nature. The main thing to remember is not to rub, but apply, lightly smearing, until absorbed. And your little feet will be grateful. Recomend for everybody! The only tube is usually incomplete ... although the packaging is factory.
- Sasha. My mother bought capsules and Troxerutin gel, as she has varicose veins. I force her to undergo a course of treatment in order to maintain a more or less normal condition of the veins and not to start the sore. Her legs do not hurt, but they are all littered with a small mesh of blood vessels. I do not want strong thrombosis afterwards and nothing at all helps. So from time to time she drinks capsules and smears her feet with troxerutin gel.
- Vera. I have been using Troxerutin for two years already - before pregnancy and after pregnancy. Varicosity rage after childbirth. To be honest, I don’t have any special results from the gel. Just before pregnancy I used it as a cheap prophylaxis option, and then after a budget habit. Veins do not hurt and do not increase, maybe it somehow acts internally, but the appearance of the legs has not changed. Waiting for the end of lactation, I will try to combine with the internal use of tablets “Troxerutin”. I know that complex treatment is much more productive. Troxerutin gel is good not expensive price, the tube lasts for two weeks.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Troxerutin VetProm;
- Troxerutin Vramed;
- Troxerutin Zentiva;
- Troxerutin Healing;
- Troxerutin MIC.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The drug should be stored in a dry and dark place out of the reach of children. Storage temperature should not exceed 25 degrees Celsius.
The period during which the drug is valid is 5 years from the date of production. It is forbidden to use the drug after the expiration of the period indicated on the package.