Sanorin belongs to the pharmacological group of vasoconstrictor drugs that are widely used in otolaryngological practice. Available in the form of nasal drops. Another form of release is the nasal spray.
Intranasal administration causes a pronounced, rapid and prolonged vasoconstrictor effect on the vessels of the paranasal sinuses and nasal mucous membranes, as well as the nasopharynx. It is expressed in the reduction of swelling and hyperemia, as a result of which the nasal passages are improved and nasal breathing is relieved.
The permeability of the Eustachian tubes is also improved. The therapeutic effect is usually observed already after 5 minutes after applying Sanorin and lasts about 4-6 hours.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Vasoconstrictor drug for local use in the ENT practice.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much is Sanorin in pharmacies? The average price is 190 rubles.
Composition and release form
Sanorin is available in the following forms:
- nasal drops of 0.05% and 0.1%: as a clear, colorless liquid (10 ml each in dark glass dropper bottles, one bottle in a carton box);
- spray nasal 0.1%: in the form of a colorless transparent liquid, odorless and without visible particles (10 ml each in plastic bottles with a mechanical dosing applicator, in a carton pack one bottle).
The composition of 1 ml drops:
- active ingredient: naphazoline nitrate - 0.5 mg or 1 mg;
- Auxiliary components: methyl parahydroxybenzoate, boric acid, water, ethylene diamine.
The composition of 1 ml spray:
- active ingredient: naphazoline nitrate - 1 mg;
- Auxiliary components: methyl parahydroxybenzoate, boric acid, water, ethylene diamine.
There are several types of Sanorin drops on the pharmaceutical market:
- With eucalyptus. Sanorin with eucalyptus oil is one of the most popular types of this drug. It has pronounced antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Sanorin with eucalyptus oil has the fastest therapeutic effect due to the parallel effect of naphazoline and eucalyptus oil.
- Sanorin Analegin - includes in its composition such component as mesilate antazoline, which has an antihistamine and sedative effect. Antazolin prevents the development of reactions of allergic origin, and also contributes to their most rapid elimination. This type of remedy is especially effective in rhinitis of the allergic type and in the case of diagnosed allergic conjunctivitis.
- Sanorin Xylo - softer and safer option drops. Unlike other types of this drug, the main active ingredient of Sanorin Xylo is Xylometazoline, which has only local effects, with little or no penetration into the systemic circulation area. This medicine is recommended to be used for children, as well as during pregnancy, but only as prescribed by the attending physician and in the minimum dosage!
The main active component of Sanorin is naphazoline, which belongs to alpha2-adrenomimetics. This substance has a local vasoconstrictor effect on the capillaries of the mucous layer of the nose, eliminating the symptoms of acute inflammation - edema, increased exudation and hyperemia.
In the case of acute rhinitis, the use of Sanorin contributes to the restoration of nasal breathing, and with otitis media and other diseases of the nasopharynx restores the patency of the Eustachian tube.
Eucalyptus oil, which is part of the emulsion, enhances the anti-inflammatory effect. Very often, the drug is used as a decongestant during the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis. Sanorin is contraindicated for longer than 7 days, as it is addictive and undesirable.
Indications for use
The use of Sanorin is recommended for:
- acute rhinitis of various origins;
- otitis media as an additional means that can reduce the swelling of the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx;
- the need to reduce the swelling of the mucous membranes of the paranasal sinuses and nasopharynx during therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, as well as to stop bleeding from the nose.
- arterial hypertension;
- chronic rhinitis;
- pronounced atherosclerosis;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- children up to 2 years old - for nasal drops of 0.05%, up to 15 years for emulsions, drops and a spray of 0.1%;
- simultaneous use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors and 14 days after their withdrawal;
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
- ischemic heart disease (angina);
- prostatic hyperplasia;
- pregnancy and lactation.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
At the moment, there have been no special studies on the effects of sanorin on the course of pregnancy. There is no evidence that refutes or confirms the penetration of the active ingredients of sanorin through the hemato-placental barrier (prevents the ingress of harmful substances from the mother’s blood into the fetal blood).
Based on these data, we can say that sanorin does not have a direct impact on the child. But acting on the mother's body, it can disrupt her blood circulation and, as a result, disrupt the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the child. Thus, sanorin can indirectly through the mother have a negative impact on the child.
The use of sanorin is not strictly contraindicated during pregnancy, but is highly undesirable due to the lack of knowledge of its impact on the fetal development of the child. It should be used only in the case of appointment by a doctor or in case of severe nosebleeds, which can not be stopped. When bleeding is necessary to drip a single dose in both nasal passages. If the bleeding does not stop within 10 to 15 minutes, you must call an ambulance or consult a doctor. With repeated nosebleeds, it is imperative to consult a doctor.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use for acute rhinitis, sinusitis, eustachitis, laryngitis, to facilitate rhinoscopy in adults, children and adolescents over 15 years old - 1-3 drops of nasal drops 0.1% or 1-3 doses of nasal spray in each nasal passage 3-4 times / day; nasal drops of 0.1% in the form of an emulsion prescribed by 1-3 drops in each nasal passage 2-3 times / day.
- Children over 2 years old - 1-2 drops of nasal drops of 0.05% in each nasal passage 2-3 times / day with an interval of not less than 4 hours.
- Apply briefly: in adults - no more than 1 week, in children - no more than 3 days. If nasal breathing is facilitated, then the use of the drug Sanorin can be finished earlier. Re-use of the drug is possible in a few days.
- When nosebleeds can be placed in the nasal passage of a cotton swab moistened with a 0.05% solution of the drug Sanorin.
- As an additional tool in the treatment of conjunctivitis of bacterial origin, nasal 0.05% drops are instilled into the conjunctival sac, 1–2 drops, 1–2 drops, 3-4 times / day.
- Nasal drops in the form of an emulsion must be shaken before use. An open bottle of the drug should be used within 4 weeks.
When using the spray for the first time, it is recommended to press the dispenser several times until a compact aerosol cloud appears. Before direct application, remove the protective cap, keep the vial with the preparation in a vertical position, insert the end part of the dosing device into the nasal passage, then quickly and sharply press the applicator. Immediately after the injection, it is recommended to make a slight inhale with the nose. After applying the drug, close the applicator with a protective cap.
On the background of the use of the drug may develop systemic side effects, including:
- pressure increase;
Local reactions may also develop:
- reactive hyperemia;
- swelling of the nasal mucosa;
- irritation and swelling of the mucous membrane (if the drug is used for more than 7 days).
With an overdose, nasal congestion is noted. Prolonged use of the drug leads to addiction, since constant congestion prevents normal nasal breathing.
In young children, an overdose of Sanorin is manifested by the following symptoms: general weakness, excessive sweating, drowsiness, slowing of the heart rate and a decrease in body temperature. In severe cases, drug overdose can cause coma.
Naphazoline nitrate may have a resorptive effect.
With long-term use of Sanorin, the severity of its vasoconstrictive action gradually decreases, and therefore, if necessary, long-term treatment is recommended to take a break for several days: adults after 5-7 days of treatment, children after 3 days.
Care should be taken when conducting general anesthesia with the use of anesthetics, which increase the sensitivity of the myocardium to sympathomimetics (for example, halothane), especially in patients with bronchial asthma.
There is no information on the penetration of naphazoline across the placental barrier and into breast milk, therefore, during pregnancy and breastfeeding, the drug can be prescribed only after a thorough assessment of the benefits and possible risks.
Interaction with other drugs
Simultaneous use with MAO inhibitors and a period of up to 14 days after the end of their use increases the risk of severe arterial hypertension (release of deposited catecholamines under the action of naphazoline). Slows absorption of local anesthetics.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Sanorin:
- Milan My daughter helps very well from a cold and a stuffy nose. She then gets a cold, her teeth are cut, and that is what the suckles appear. It is necessary to drip frequently, the effect is felt the next day. And the shape is comfortable. Previously, a child was kept together in order to get into the nose with a pipette, and now it’s time to be ready! The girl sleeps well, eats well, without whims.
- Vladislav. Spent a sleepless night thanks to sanorin. The action is short, you do not notice how you wake up with a stuffy nose, then again a dose in the nose, and then insomnia, again nasal congestion, tachycardia.
- Alla During pregnancy I constantly have a nose. This is not a cold, but such a bad condition. And the higher the air temperature, the more it lays. Used different drugs, because to one there is addiction. Once took this Sanorin. Of course, the spray dispenser is convenient, but tiny and expensive. The manual says, sprinkle 7-8 r / d for 2 weeks. So this bubble is not enough for so much, we still have to buy. But it would be nothing if the medicine helped. I squirted several times during the night, but I could not fall asleep, my nose was constantly blocked.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Naphazoline Ferein;
- Sanorin with eucalyptus oil.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Such drops in the nose should be kept in a cool and dark place out of the reach of children. Shelf life 4 years.