Omnick - a drug that is effectively used to treat impaired urination dysfunction, accompanied by benign prostatic hyperplasia.
The active ingredient - tamsulosin - does not affect the muscles of the walls of blood vessels, thereby not exposing the body to a decrease in blood pressure. The mechanism of action of the drug leads to relaxation of the smooth muscle fibers of the neck and bladder, which increases the flow of urine, even with a significant amount of the prostate gland. On the walls of blood vessels such action is not due to the pronounced selectivity (selectivity) of tamsulosin.
In vessels there is a subtype of alpha - adrenoreceptors - alpha 1 B receptors, the reception of alpha 1 A - blockers does not cause a significant decrease in blood pressure in patients.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Α1-adrenoreceptor blocker; remedy for symptomatic treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does omnic cost in pharmacies? The average price in 2018 is 400 rubles for 10 capsules.
Release form and composition
Omnick is produced in the form of hard gelatin capsules with modified release (size No. 2, orange colored case with marking "701" and olive-green cap with marking "0.4"). Capsules contain:
- The active substance is 0.4 mg of tamsulosin hydrochloride (as white granules with a light yellow tinge);
- Auxiliary components are calcium stearate, indigotin, gelatin, ferric oxide red, polysorbate 80, talc, MCC, ferric oxide yellow, titanium dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, methacrylic acid copolymer (type C), triacetin.
In blisters of 10 pcs., 1 or 3 blisters in a box.
Omnick is a specific blocker of alpha1-adrenergic receptors located in the fibers of the smooth muscles of the prostatic part of the urethra, bladder neck and prostate gland. The use of the drug helps to reduce the tone of the smooth muscles of the urethra, bladder and prostate gland, which leads to a significant improvement in urine outflow.
The active ingredient of the drug has a high selectivity (does not affect the smooth muscle fibers of the vessel walls), so that the drug does not provoke a systemic reduction in blood pressure.
Omnick has one hundred percent bioavailability. The maximum concentration of the active substance in the blood is observed after 6 hours after oral administration. The drug and its metabolites are excreted exclusively by the kidneys. Approximately 9% of the drug is excreted. The half-life of the drug ranges from 10 to 13 hours.
Indications for use
Dysuric disorders in benign prostatic hyperplasia (treatment).
Omnick - Okas and Omnick: what is the difference?
Omnick has an undesirable side effect of retrograde ejaculation (throwing sperm during orgasm into the bladder).
Since Omnick - Okas has a gradual release of the drug substance due to the structure, normal ejaculation is maintained. Therefore, Okas is justified to use in men who have a sufficiently active sex life, and for whom the fact of the presence of the ejaculate at the end of the sexual act is important.
Note that more often in treatment regimens for exacerbation of prostatitis, tamsulosin is prescribed in a short course, from 10 days to 1 month, so it is convenient to buy the Okas form in packaging for exactly 10 days. The disadvantages of Okas include the price, it costs more than the usual Omnik.
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- severe liver failure;
- orthostatic hypotension (pressure drop with a sharp change in body position).
The use of the omnik requires caution in patients with severe renal insufficiency.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Omnik should be taken 1 time per day, 1 capsule (0.4 mg). The capsule of the drug should be swallowed whole, without chewing.
When conducting therapy with the use of Omnick capsules, the following side effects were rarely observed:
- Reproductive organs: retrograde ejaculation.
- On the part of the digestive system: nausea, vomiting, abnormal stool.
- On the part of the skin: urticaria, pruritus, angioedema.
- From the side of the central nervous system: dizziness, headache, general weakness (very rare).
- Since the cardiovascular system: tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension.
In clinical practice, there were no cases of acute intoxication with the medicine Omnik. When using excessively high doses of the drug, theoretically, the following symptoms may occur:
- acute hypotension;
- compensatory tachycardia.
As a treatment for the effects of overdose, it is recommended that the patient be placed and vasoconstrictor and volume replacement drugs be administered. To prevent further absorption of the active element, you can wash the stomach and take sorbents or osmotic laxatives. You should also constantly monitor the functioning of the kidneys.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- With caution used in patients prone to arterial hypotension, with pronounced impaired liver function.
- Before starting treatment with tamsulosin, the patient should be examined for the presence of other diseases that can cause the same symptoms as benign prostatic hyperplasia. Before treatment, and regularly during therapy, a digital rectal examination should be performed and, if required, the determination of a specific prostate antigen. In patients with impaired renal function, a change in the dosage regimen is not required.
During the period of treatment, it is necessary to refrain from engaging in potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration of attention and quickness of psychomotor reactions.
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- Diclofenac and indirect anticoagulants slightly increase the rate of elimination of tamsulosin.
- In in vitro studies, no interaction at the level of hepatic metabolism with amitriptyline, salbutamol, glibenclamide, and finasteride was detected.
- With the simultaneous use of tamsulosin with cimetidine, there was a slight increase in the concentration of tamsulosin in the blood plasma, and with furosemide a decrease in the concentration; with other α1-blockers - perhaps a pronounced increase in the hypotensive effect.
- Other α1-blockers, acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, alprostadil, anesthetics, diuretics, levodopa, antidepressants, beta-blockers, slow calcium channel blockers, muscle relaxants, nitrates and ethanol can increase the severity of the hypotensive effect.
- Diazepam, propranolol, trichloromethiazide, chlormadinone, amitriptyline, diclofenac, glibenclamide, simvastatin and warfarin do not alter the free fraction of tamsulosin in human plasma in vitro. In turn, tamsulosin also does not change the free fractions of diazepam, propranolol, trichloromethiazide and chlormadinone.
We picked up some reviews of men who used the drug Omnick:
- Semyon. I take the drug Omnik for the second year. From pressure I drink Prestanz even longer. The pressure is never below 120/70 mm Hg. did not go down. Last year, kidney stones were crushed, and then every 2 months I go to the clinic to get tested. The doctor said that it is necessary to monitor the kidneys, since I take Omnick capsules. That year has passed, and the tests are in perfect order. Well, if there were drugs from the forte series. One tablet per week is better than seven.
- Valera. My wife and I have been living for 25 years. Two raised. As her menopause began, we no longer needed contraception. And then there was a prostate adenoma joined, with urination and potency problems began. The treatment took place under the supervision of a urologist. Omnik drank and some other medicine, when his wife became pregnant. I have never read that tamsulosin has such an effect.
- Victor. I have been receiving omnik for a year as prescribed by a doctor, the result is good, it worked right away, urination improved dramatically, the severity during intercourse weakened, I think because of the effect of the drug on the muscle tissue of the urethra. Sperm discharge is normal, in parallel I have been taking Befungin, after surgery for stomach cancer for 5 years. Befungin - chaga inhibits the growth of cancer cells, what I mean, and adenoma is close to that. Therefore, prevention does not hurt anyone, plus the daily exercise. I wish you all long years of active life. I am 58 years old.
Omnik analogues are:
- According to the active substance - Sonizin, Taniz-K, Proflosin, Tamsulosin, Tamzelin, Hyperprost, Revokarin, Fokusin, Omsulosin, Tamsulosin;
- According to the mechanism of action - Alfuzosin, Urorek, Dalfaz retard, Alfuprost MR.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Omnik should be stored in a place protected from the access of children at a temperature of 15˚C to 25˚C.
Shelf life - 4 years. The drug is available from pharmacies with a prescription.